Open Source FPGA for Network Security, IoT, & Control
- Have you ever wanted your very own Gigabit Ethernet MAC controller?
- How about your own customizable Gigabit / 100 Mbit Ethernet switch?
- Customizable real-time packet filtering, inspection, and mirroring? You got it!
- Define the metrics you want and stream them to the host of your choice
- Route selected streams to a networked host for application processing.
- Dozens of I/O available for controller applications
- It's an FPGA and open source, so the applications are endless.
We utilize an FPGA in order to build an open, trustworthy, and extensible foundation for packet processing and control (e.g., sensors, motors, etc.)
When we block certain addresses, ports, and / or protocols, we are able to confirm at the hardware layer that this has been accomplished. This is in stark contrast to off-the-shelf SoC implementations, which require developers & users to make assumptions of multiple layers (often opaque) being free of bugs, back doors, and resident spies / spyware.
The open FPGA-based architecture supports numerous, highly parallel functions to be implemented at line rate, and our low-cost development system will support both single through multiple PHY implementations.
Draft documentation is available here now, and instructional videos are coming soon.
You can find source on Github: https://github.com/privateisland/privateisland
Our Development Board
We use all Tier I components with readily accessible datasheets and engineering forums. Perfect for development.
- Lattice ECP5UM FPGA (45K LUTs with integrated PCS/SERDES)
- Texas Instruments DP83867 Gigabit PHY and power conversion
- NXP Kinetis Microcontroller with ARM M4 core
- Micron memory
- TE Connectivity connectors
Let us know if you want one.
If you're interested in getting involved, would like additional information, or just want to be notifed when we post new content related to Private Island, then please fill out the form below. The information you provide will neither be displayed nor shared.